The above shows the entire Sim, with blue markers placed every 32 m. A square of four blue markers encloses 1,024 sq m. Encouraged plot sizes are 2,048 (two squares) to 4,096 sq m (four squares).
One central and one peripheral 2,048 sq m plots is being reserved for use by the community to turn into public spaces, for example for use as public plazas, parks, meeting spaces or performance venues. Also, I am very likely going to permanently assign three 1,024 sq m plots as "Linji Haven Protected Land," which will not be available for public projects, but will kept as low-prim green and open spaces (with trees, bushes, and perhaps paths and a few parkbenches.)
I also wonder whether those interested in low-impact commercial endeavors might be encouraged to take plots that are more central, perhaps along a path, to maximize their foot-traffic. Residential only plots might be more comfortable on the perimeter, where they could be afforded more privacy?
I've scribbled in possible paths below. They look "grid-like" here, but I hope they'd wander a little bit, back and forth, around vegetation, trees, rocks, etc. But, these are YOUR parcels, the final design will be up to you. I just wanted to start by penciling in some ideas. Suggestions welcome!
Current list of participants:
People who are considering joining the community might want to check out the Linji sim in person, and post a comment requesting what size parcel and the preferred location. I'll update the map whenever I can, to show how the planning is coming along.
After I receive your request, I'll parcel the land and set up a rental box set to your SL avatar name. If you change your mind, or don't "claim" the box after say 3 - 5 days, I'll open up the spots again so other people can request them.
The planned use listed certainly is NOT "binding", but I thought it might help people choose locations near friends or to facilitate cooperative efforts.
- Ged Larsen: mostly residential; maybe a script gadget store ;)
- Sierra Mills: probably residential
- Taffy Allandale: mixed residential / commercial (Taffy Apple Designs)
- Gabriel Watanabe: residential
- Eleanora Newell: light retail
- Stephen Bentham / Caliah Lyon
- camilla Yosuke (retail)
- Charron Marseille / Roslin Petion / Morgaine Maktoum
- Euterpe Zagoskin / Caliah Lyon: light retail (Haute Couture clothing, Muse Jewelry)
- Shizuka Hayashida
- Tigress Jewell (residential and retail)
- Crispin Cleanslate (medieval theme, retail)
- Tiy Ferraris (ancient Egypt educational museum and shop)
- Stephen Bentham (light retail and public space)
- Harriet Hallard (non-commercial build)
- Tamala Tombola (medieval theme, retail)
- JH + Jessie Gervasi (residential + retail)
- Patric Rotunno + Theodote Carthage (residential + art gallery)
- Lizbeth Saens (waitlist)
- Stuart Simonds (waitlist; prefer 3,072, but 2,048 OK; residential and future retail)
- Nefertiti Nefarious (posted on Linji Haven, proposal for more green space", but parcel too small -- 512 sq m)
- no more requests are being taken
Amount of rent will be closely tied to the Linden Lab Mainland Tier Schedule, recalculated in L$ per week at the current L$ sell exchange rate, correcting for the 3.5% LL exchange fee.
Example: if the current L$ "sell" rate is L$267 per US$1 + 3.5% LL exchange fee:
- 1,024 sq m: US$8/month = L$2,211/month = L$507/week
- 2,048 sq m: US$15/month = L$4,145/month = L$951/week
- 3,072 sq m: US$20/month = L$5,527/month = L$1,268/week
- 4,096 sq m: US$25/month = L$6,909/month = L$1,586/week