Monday, September 10, 2007

I'm not dead yet!

Way back on June 29th, I reported on a problem with LinkRez using custom links that had multiple prims, where the geometric center was different from the root prim center, and that a bug fix was imminent.

I fixed the bug, but never released the fixed version, and I really, REALLY should.

What happened was that the fix was easy, but then I tried to implement some difficult changes someone suggested, and never completed that. Real life intervened, and then I just never got around to it (and nobody complained about the problem, so it didn't seem many people were using multi-prim links). As time passes, it becomes much, MUCH harder to go back to a script, because you become less familiar with it, and have to "re-figure everything out." So, the activation energy to get the bugfix released just got worse and worse.

So, LinkRez was left in a half completed state in "the workshop".

What I'll need to do now, is just forget about implementing the suggestions, and get the fix out. My time in SL is getting less and less, for various reasons, but I still owe it to everyone who has purchased LinkRez, to make sure their purchase is fully functioning.

In the meantime, if you're affected by this bug, please contact me, and I'll expedite getting the fix to you.